Skip to navigation
Dedicated Representation Helping You Overcome Your Legal Challenges SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION

Family Immigration Attorney in Miami, Florida

Do you know how to get a green card? Or how to apply for a green card for your family member? At the immigration law firm of Gurian Group P.A., in Miami, Florida, we realize that there is nothing more important than your family. And our promise is to help you and your family apply for and obtain a green card to the United States.Mom and dad with their daughter and son

Family-Based Immigration Options for U.S. Citizens

As a U.S. citizen, our immigration lawyers can help your family members become lawful permanent residents and eventually citizens of the United States. To do so, you need to sponsor your relative. You begin the immigration process by filing a Petition for your relative using Immigration Form I-130. A U.S. citizen can file an immigration petition for their spouses, children, parents, brothers, and sisters.
Spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents of U.S. citizens are considered special relationships and are given the highest priority by immigration in processing their green card. Immigration refers to these relationships as Immediate relatives. Our family-based immigration lawyers can help you with this process to make sure your families are protected and under lawful status in the U.S. Our immigration law firm will first determine if your family is eligible for a green card while inside the United States or if the green card process will have to be completed while outside the United States.

Family-based immigration options for lawful permanent resident’s (green card holder)
As a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), our immigration lawyers can help your family become lawful permanent residents of the United States and obtain their “green card.” You begin the immigration process by filing a Petition for your relative using immigration form I-130. A lawful permanent resident can file an immigration petition for their spouses and unmarried children.

Marriage Visas in Miami

The Marriage visa, known as the K-3 Visa, is intended for the spouse of a U.S. Citizen. If you are married to a United States citizen, you can come to the U.S. on a K-3 visa. If you have children, they can come to the U.S. on a K-4 visa if you have a K-3 visa. Additionally, Same-sex spouses of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents along with their minor children, are now eligible for the same immigration benefits as opposite-sex spouses.

Once a K-3 visa holder enters the United States, he or she can proceed with the immigration process to apply for a green card/permanent resident status through adjustment of status. Ther are several steps involved in applying for a K-3 visa. You must first file a petition, apply for a visa, and provide necessary forms and other documents. This process can be complicated and lengthy. Our attorneys at the Gurian Group, P.A. can make this process easier for you and your family. Please contact our office at 305-521-8879.

We are proud to serve the needs of individuals and families throughout the greater Miami, Florida area.

Get Help for Your Loved Ones

Miami Parent Visa Attorneys

At the Gurian Group, P.A., our Miami parent visa lawyers represent clients from all over the world in immigration matters. If you are trying to get your parents to the United States on a parent visa, or if you are a parent from overseas whose child is a U.S. citizen, contact our law firm to learn how we can help. The lawyers at Gurian Group, P.A., are experienced in immigration law and family immigration matters. If you are seeking a parent visa, our law firm can explain the legal requirements and steps involved. This involves filing a petition and gaining approval with the USCIS. Then, if your parent lives outside of the U.S., he or she will be required to go to the U.S. consulate in that country to complete the process. If your parent is already living in the U.S. legally, he or she can apply for adjustment of status.

K-1 Fiancé Visas in Miami

The K-1 visa is the fiancé/fiancée visa. It is intended for foreign nationals who are engaged to a United States citizen. Within 90 days of entering the United States, the couple is required to marry. After the date of marriage, the K-1 visa holder can apply for a green card to obtain permanent residence in America. To find out more about the K-1 visa, and your options for obtaining a fiancé visa or fiancée visa, contact our office at 305-521-8879.

The U.S. immigration process is complex. Working with an experienced immigration attorney is critical when considering the unique circumstances of the petitioner. The Gurian Group can assist you with the fiancé/fiancée visa application process, as well as the subsequent green card application process. We also assist clients in obtaining a K-3 visa/spouse visa.

Filing For a K-1 Visa More Than Once

If you have applied for a fiancé or fiancée visa one or more times in the past, you may be flagged by the U.S. government as attempting to commit immigration fraud. There may be added interest if you met your fiancé/fiancée through an international marriage broker. Please contact the Gurian Group, P.A. if you are applying for the K-1 visa for the second or subsequent time.

Sibling Visas for Brothers and Sisters in Miami

If you are a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old, you are eligible to petition to bring your brother or sister to live and work permanently in the United States. It must be shown that both individuals are children of a common parent. Half brothers and sisters may also be eligible to seek this type of visa. A brother or sister is a fourth-preference visa, which incurs a waiting period. Please consult our attorneys to find out more information.

Consular Processing in Miami

Consular processing is another way to become a legal permanent resident of the United States. It is the final step before a green card is issued and can be used in both employment-based and family-based immigration processes. Consular processing requires an in-person interview at a US consulate overseas. An immigration petition (e.g. I-140) must have been approved, and a visa number must be available before consular processing can take place. The U.S. Consulate is ultimately responsible for approving travel to the United States.

Please contact the Gurian Group, P.A. to learn about the consular process for the following visa applications: Temporary visas, Work visas, Student or Tourist visa, Immigrant visas based on family petitions, K-1 Fiancée visas, K-3 spousal visas, and Humanitarian parole and asylum.

Contact a Miami Visa Lawyer Today!

To speak to a Miami parent visa lawyer, contact our law office. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your immigration options. Find out more about other types of visas for family members:

  • Spouse visa

  • Fiancé/fiancée visa

  • Sibling visa

  • Dependent visa

Call the Gurian Group, P.A. today. We represent clients in and around the greater Miami, Florida area.